Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Choices make the real you


~Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway~

posted by  www.jcluforever.com on Facebook today. Go look at their beautiful Christian tees for ladies!

I want this to be my first thought when....life happens.

How was your day today? 

 I had some great places 
                     and a few horrible spaces 
                                  but it ended up very good. 


 I was at New Community at Central and Pastor Mike 
(http://mikemccrary.blogspot.com) had us doing group discussions on 2 Peter 1:3-9.

I love how Peter gives us positive things we can do that will help us grow:
'5 Do your best to improve your faith. You can do this by adding goodness, understanding, 6 self-control, patience, devotion to God, 7 concern for others, and love. 8 If you keep growing in this way, it will show that what you know about our Lord Jesus Christ has made your lives useful and meaningful. '

So by adding 
                goodness,
                         understanding, 
                                   self-control, 
                                           patience, 
                                                  devotion to God,
                                                           concern for others 
                                                                                  and love -
I grow as a Christian and as a real person.

These are all choices that I can make in any moment that happens in my day.

It is not some magical, ethereal experience that is out there on some higher spiritual plain but real nitty-gritty this is where the rubber hits the road kind of stuff.

The kind of stuff I can put my teeth into, grab on and run with. The kind of stuff that makes my real life and every relationship I have better.

I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment