Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Choices make the real you


~Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway~

posted by  www.jcluforever.com on Facebook today. Go look at their beautiful Christian tees for ladies!

I want this to be my first thought when....life happens.

How was your day today? 

 I had some great places 
                     and a few horrible spaces 
                                  but it ended up very good. 


 I was at New Community at Central and Pastor Mike 
(http://mikemccrary.blogspot.com) had us doing group discussions on 2 Peter 1:3-9.

I love how Peter gives us positive things we can do that will help us grow:
'Do your best to improve your faith. You can do this by adding goodness, understanding, self-control, patience, devotion to God, concern for others, and love. If you keep growing in this way, it will show that what you know about our Lord Jesus Christ has made your lives useful and meaningful. '

So by adding 
                goodness,
                         understanding, 
                                   self-control, 
                                           patience, 
                                                  devotion to God,
                                                           concern for others 
                                                                                  and love -
I grow as a Christian and as a real person.

These are all choices that I can make in any moment that happens in my day.

It is not some magical, ethereal experience that is out there on some higher spiritual plain but real nitty-gritty this is where the rubber hits the road kind of stuff.

The kind of stuff I can put my teeth into, grab on and run with. The kind of stuff that makes my real life and every relationship I have better.

I like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment