Saturday, January 5, 2013

Faith moments






Faith moments





Do you ever have them?

Those moments that can clarify and show you where you are growing in your faith and as a person or falling flat on your face and missing it.


When I see someone in line at Wendy's counting out pennies with their husband talking about how hungry they are and they buy one small chili to share and I look at them, look away, look again and then I take money I was going to spend on going to the movies and buy them more food to eat......

When I stop and listen instead of hurrying away when a friend is telling me her problems at home......

When someone asks me to pray for them and I say, “Sure” and walk away and never remember......

When my son says, “No one wants to spend time with me anyway” and I go to him and make sure he knows how much I treasure him and want to spend time with him no matter how he is feeling......


Those moments – how are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment