Friday, January 4, 2013

Where is Faith taking you?







Somebody wrote:
No Regrets, just lessons. Life is too short.”




Well, I agree that life is too short, I see that everyday when I look at my son and see how much he has grown and wonder where the time has gone.

The 'no regrets' part? No one I have ever met has said they have no regrets at all, except my Dad. He says he walked through every door the Lord opened and looks back on his 96 ½ years and honestly can see nothing he would change or could have done better.

I wish I could say that. There are so many things I wish I'd done differently, made better choices, been less afraid, been more loving, more courageous, less lazy.  

I believe every single thing we experience can be a lesson. 

Not the kind of lesson where we sit and listen to the teacher and take notes and have tests.
Not the kind of lesson where we listen and maybe daydream a little during the talk, smiling and agreeing that is a good point and then go home and forget what we heard.
Not a 'lesson' I learned in Sunday School or Bible college.

 These are the kinds of lessons where the rubber meets the road, where I learn to walk out what I say I believe in the real moments of my life. 
 The places where faith becomes real.
The places I become real.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say what your dad says. Sadly, I have some very big regrets, but I do not live in Regretville. One thing I will say, the decisions I made back then have formed who I am and determined the good things in my life, today. (And yes some of the bad things, too). Knowing what I know, I have to wonder if I would have done anything different. There are somethings I would probably change but if it meant that the people and things in my life right now would be gone I can honestly say I would not do anything differently.

    Some of those decisions were hard ones, I didn't and don't, always like it when the rubber meets the road. As you say, those are the moments when faith becomes real.

    Lily-thinking thoughts

    ReplyDelete