Thursday, January 10, 2013

Laughing after midnight(well almost)


Why is it that we laugh the hardest and act the silliest after 11pm when Brent is trying to sleep?

It started happening when my son got in the teenage years and continues growing as if it had a life of its own.

We try to keep quiet but it bursts out in irrepressible laughter over the strangest things.

I am not sure why this started but I am thankful for times of laughter and fun with my kids as the stress of the day has faded away and we are mellowing down (as it were) for the night.  That is not a bad thing, laughter shared bonds us in special ways.

 One night Brent came out and said, “Am I missing all the fun again?” and I smiled and said “No, you aren't missing it, jump in!”

 And he did.

That was one of the best nights of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment